learn more about the tn2 visa

If you have more questions, contact us.

get help
Frequent questions

It is not required to hire a lawyer when applying for the TN visa as it is easy to obtain.  However, if you are reapplying after a denial it may be helpful to have an attorney who can determine what went wrong and ensure you are approved next time.

AGR is a boutique staffing company with over 6 years in operations in the USA.  We specialized in helping IT professionals (and other talent see if you quality in this LINK) get a job in the USA.  If you have graduated from college, have 3+ years of experience AND your communication skills in English are good then most likely you qualify.

Yes, you can change your employer while in the US on a TN visa. All you have to do is register the change at a port of entry or a USCIS service center.  This will allow you to travel freely in and out of the country.  If you want to remain in the USA and do it through the mail the process is expensive, requires a lawyer AND you will not be able to travel freely.  If you have an emergency you can leave the USA but you will not be allowed to come back.  We do not recommend you do the process by mail.

Yes, you can work for multiple employer on a TN visa as long as you have valid TN visa status for each individual job. However, if you work any job that is not covered by your TN visa, then you will be in violation of immigration law.

If your first TN visa application is denied, then you should seek out the advice of an immigration attorney. They can help you improve your application so you’ll be accepted if you apply again.

No, while you can bring your unmarried minor children (under 18 years old) or spouse to the US on a derivative TN, they cannot legally work in the US.  Your children are allowed to attend school.  The cost of the visa is the same for them.

AGR provides free guidance.  We only make money ONCE you start working for us.  If you sign up for one on one coaching and specialized process to help you get the job then you will be responsible to sign a one year agreement to work with the company.  Listen to the podcast SIN FRONTERAS in the website or spotify to listen to the ones who have been through the process.

The cost is about $170 USD for the DS-160 and the process takes about 3 weeks (depending on the period and the location where you are getting the visa).

The typical duration is 1 year and it can be renewed indefinitely in yearly increments.  I know professionals that have been working for 7 years renewing the visa.  You must have a valid passport to get the visa and your passport must have more than a year of validity in order to get the visa for 1 year.  We recommend a new passport with 3 to 5 years as we request the visas for 3 years.

The cost is about $170 USD for the DS-160 and the process takes about 3 weeks (depending on the period and the location where you are getting the visa).