Cincinnati, OH (100% Remote)Contract
One of the biggest drivers of our business is our Alternative Revenue Group and we have recently spun up a dedicated team to our Monetization efforts. Previously, these products were maintained as a piece of other teams’ spaces so there will be a focused effort on breaking any coupling within the existing codebase as well as continuing to enhance the Monetization Platform. It offers a fun and unique challenge where we are building a platform from scratch while being able to benefit from our previous lessons learned. We are looking at how we can evolve our product offering to serve our customers better every day while making a sizeable impact on the business.
• Strong experience using Kotlin and Coroutines
• Strong experience with MVVM, Kotlin Flows, and LiveData
• Experience with dependency injection via Dagger
• Experience with Android Modularization
• Experience with local caching (Room/SQLite)
• Proficiency in writing unit tests for your code.
• Passion for code quality and mentoring/coaching
• Experience with Android talk back accessibility
• Very strong with building UI using XML and custom UI components
• Excellent Debugging skills
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented, works well in a team and individually
• Self-starter with strong initiative and ability to work under pressure
• Android Compose knowledge
• iOS experience
• 3+ years of experience working on large scale Android applications
• Design and UX sensibilities
• A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding scalability, performance, and security
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as Github Actions
• Experience with test frameworks such as Espresso
• Build and maintain features within the Kroger app that reaches millions of users.
• Collaborate with designers & product managers to iterate on the design & implementation of our product
• Collaborate with other Android engineers cross-functionally to build reusable components and ensure the integrity of code across the app.
• Monitor app performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems & rectify the issues
•Review app and feature code, and plan future app upgrades with the development team
• Implement responsible design principles to ensure that our app renders well on most devices and is accessible
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
|Job Category||Android Developer|